Last updated: Dec 08, 2005
FISOutdoor.com knows that you care how information about you is used and shared,
and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This notice
practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- What Personal Information About Customers Does FISOutdoor.com Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does FISOutdoor.com Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
What Personal Information About Customers Does FISOutdoor.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually
improve your shopping experience at FISOutdoor.com. Here are the types of information
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web
site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information,
but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use
the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests,
customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever
you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies" and we
obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Amazon.com. Although
we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at FISOutdoor.com
if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often
receive a confirmation when you open an account with FISOutdoor.com.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive
through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and store
items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your
browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you
receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, we recommend
that you leave them turned on.
- Most cookies are"session cookies", meaning that they are automatically deleted from
your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing
so may interfere with your use of the Site.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Site that we
do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there
may be a "cookie" placed by that web page).
Does FISOutdoor.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are
not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only
as described below and with subsidiaries Amazon.com, Inc. controls that either are
subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those
described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform
functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail,
processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information.
- Protection of FISOutdoor.com and Others: We release account and other personal
information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect
the rights, property, or safety of FISOutdoor.com, our users, or others. This includes
exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection
and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling,
renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from
customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information
about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose
not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We use CyberSource services to process credit card payments. CyberSource
has been certified to be compliant with the Visa Cardholders Information Security
Program ("Visa CISP") since the program's inception in 2002. Visa CISP is the bankcard
industry's most stringent security standard. CyberSource has also been certified
to be compliant with the Visa International Account Information Security program.
Examples of CyberSource's security measures include:
physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards; sophisticated security monitoring
tools; documented security policies; use of 3DES encryption for transmissions of
Order Information to and from Merchants; restricted access of personally identifiable
information only to those of our employees that need to know the
information; and, periodic security audits by third party security experts.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming
an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate
credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password
and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
FISOutdoor.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account
and your interactions with FISOutdoor.com for the limited purpose of viewing and,
in certain cases, updating that information.